the
Jaclynn Wilkinson
Blog

the
Jaclynn Wilkinson
Blog

welcome
friend

welcome
friend

Pioneer Square Elopement

Nov

26

Welcome, to Part II, Pioneer Square Elopement. You may have seen Part one of this Pike Place Market Elopement! We started the day in Pioneer Square. When the gallery was completed I knew I had to do a part II.

This elopement with Brittany Johnathan was my first time using a Fish Eye Lens! I put it on a second camera for just a few minutes of our time together. When I picked up the lens from Glazer’s, I suspected there would be about a 70% chance I’d hate it, and a 30% chance I’d love it.

Well, I love the fish eye lens.

I think it’s especially fun for iconic locations like Pike Place Market and the Ferris wheel where my couple is being documented in juxtaposition to a fun location.

Brittany and Johnathan were high school sweethearts! You can read a little more about their story in Part I. My favorite part about photographing couples who have been together so long is when both of their families are already familiar and friends with each other! Brittany watched Johnathan’s siblings grow up and Johnathan’s Brittany’s. It was like they had all been family for so much longer than just following a wedding.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I consider getting a studio in Pioneer Square often. I absolutely love shooting on this brick wall and around the Pioneer Square courtyard. The community is so cute and the area is rich with successful small businesses! I would love to have this courtyard right outside my studio some day.

Even if you’re just looking for a day-date or daycation, I recommend making a trip out to this spot! They have over-sized games like connect four, chess, and ping pong set out for anyone to play. This time of year, they have twinkle lights up everywhere and a horse drawn carriage riding through. I definitely recommend checking it out!

Thank you, again, Brittany and Johnathan!!! I had so much fun running around Seattle with you! Sincerely, Jaclynn.

Pioneer Square Elopement

Previous Blog Posts:

Ruston Chapel Wedding

Personal Post: Best Federal Way Wedding Photographer

Autumn Lake Wedding

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

THE LATEST

Broken sublimity. “I am because you wouldn’t have it any other way.” You, are not. I should have heard that. They weren’t an illusion on my mountain. They were fixed in the sky. A planet with gravitational pull that kept my feet on the ground. A united reality where I slept safely. A further joke […]

Rolling Undefined

Becky booked Ethan’s Baseball Senior Photos with The Studio about a year before we were able to finally document them. I’m so happy we finally got together to document a special time for their whole family and especially Ethan! Becky and I first met when I photographed her and Aaron’s engagement photos at the Milton […]

Baseball Senior Photos

We’ve officially been nomadic for 18 months and we find ourselves getting cozy in Lake Chelan, Washington for the summer! With two weddings remaining summer 2022, we’re preparing to leave the state, but not just yet. I feel the need to stay close to my couples around their wedding dates which puts us not traveling […]

Eighteen Months Nomadic

I’m celebrating. In a family suite at Little Creek. By a dreamy electric fireplace in dusk window light. There’s the sound of little boys watching cartoons in another room and Dinah munching food while I sip Grapefruit Pompelini. Clynn’s at a Poker Tournament. Laughing, I’m sure. Winning? Most likely. Dropping a hand or two out […]

Grapefruit Pompelini